Setting the precedent for video conferencing solutions
If an executive level boardroom exists within in office it is often the most spacious and best equipped room. In addition to the traditional board of directors meetings, boardrooms are now often designed to facilitate different uses including client presentations/pitches, interviews, supplier appraisals and video conferencing. The Boardroom typically boasts the most high-spec AV sytems with particular attention being paid to screen size/display technology, quality conferencing peripherals and automated control systems.
The design of AV systems for Boardrooms can vary greatly depending on the room dimensions, usage, company culture and building architecture.
Boardroom Tech examples:
- Large flat panel display, video or LED wall
- Wired connectivity for laptops such as HDMI, USB-C or Mini DisplayPort from multiple points around the table
- Wireless Presentation Device such as Barco Clickshare, Mersive Solstice pod or Crestron AirMedia
- TV delivery via room Freeview/Sky box or centralised IPTV/Signage system.
- Dedicated video conferencing device with PTZ or auto framing camera
- USB Webcam and Speakerphone for BYOD Conferencing
- Room audio system comprising ceiling speakers and ceiling/table mounted microphones
- Automated screen control or dedicated user interface
- Accessory equipment mounted behind display, in a credenza or a centrally located IT room
- Cable cubbys with charging options for Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Room scheduling panel to display bookings and ad hoc reservations